AFD RAISING FUNDS TO TEACH CHILDREN FIRE SAFETY
The Aurora Fire Department is conducting its annual fund raiser to help them buy educational materials including books, pencils and other items to give to children during fire prevention month in October. Find out how you can help.
SINGLE FAMILY RESTORATION FUNDS AVAILABLE
The City’s Single Family Restoration Program provides loans to help homeowners remove apartments from structures that were originally built as single-family. Information and guidelines.
2014 ELECTRONICS RECYCLING DATES ANNOUNCED
If you need to get rid of your old computer, monitor, TV, or other electronics items so they can be safely recycled, the City offers a multitude of options ranging from home pick-up, to twice monthly drop off recycling centers. List of items accepted and complete details.
WINTER PARKING AND SAFETY REMINDERS
Driving in winter’s elements requires extra precautions behind the wheel. Aurora Police remind you to slow down, drive defensively, & make sure windows are clear of ice & snow before you set out on your journey. Also, parking is prohibited on Aurora streets & alleyways before or after a snowfall of 2 inches or more.
DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE EXPLAINED AT FREE SEMINARS
Aurora’s Assist Homeownership Program offers closing cost assistance of up to 3% of home loan amounts to eligible buyers. The Assist program can be used with a variety of home loan products and never requires recapture or repayment. Learn more by attending an upcoming free seminar.
CITY OF AURORA WARMING CENTERS
When arctic temperatures hit, the City of Aurora reminds residents of its eight warming centers that are available across the City. In addition, Senior Services Inc., a local social service agency, can also provide much needed services to older people in need. Locations and hours of operation.
NEW ART EXHIBIT FEATURES WORK OF 16 WOMEN
The Aurora Public Art Commission in partnership with Rotten Apple Studios present their latest exhibit, Women, at the David L. Pierce Art and History Center, 20 E. Downer Pl. Admission is free. Gallery hours and more information.
NOMINATIONS SOUGHT FOR HISTORIC PRESERVATION AWARDS
The City of Aurora’s Preservation Commission is looking to honor local property owners who in 2013 made significant exterior improvements while maintaining the historic character of their buildings. Details and Nomination Forms.
Get info on schools, polling places, zoning & more.
Road Closures/Construction Updates
Note: Online payment services currently only support Firefox and Internet Explorer web browsers.
- 2013 Consolidated Annual Performance Report (CAPER) Draft
- Single Family Restoration Program Application
- City Statement - HUD Letter of Finding on Jericho Circle
- Cross-Connection Control Survey (Residential)
- Water Main Flushing Program
- 2014 Electronic Recycling Dates
- Sanitary Sewer Backup Prevention Rebate Program
- Planning and Zoning Public Notices
- Pathways to Prosperity Asset Mapping Project
- Human Relations Commission
- 2013 Ward Map
- Electrical Aggregation FAQs
- Employment Opportunities
- Civil Service Eligibility Lists
- City of Aurora Budget
- FOIA Forms
- Utility Tax Rebate FAQ & Form
- Oversize/Weight Commercial Vehicle Permit
- Property Registration Help Desk
- Public Notice - Aurora Excelsior Manufactured Gas Plant Site B Remediation Project
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- VOLUNTEERS SOUGHT TO SERVE ON FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND INDIAN AMERICAN ADVISORY BOARD
- OFFICERS COMPASSIONATE ACTIONS DRAW HONORS
- NOMINATIONS SOUGHT FOR HISTORIC PRESERVATION AWARDS
- VETERAN DETECTIVE NAMED APD EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR
- AURORA FIRE DEPARTMENT RAISING MONEY FOR KID'S FIRE PREVENTION MATERIALS
- CITY ANNOUNCES ANOTHER ROUND OF COMPETITIVE FUNDING FOR HOUSING UNIT REDUCTION PROGRAM
- HERITAGE BOARD HOSTS KICK-OFF CELEBRATION FOR EL DIA DE LOS NINOS
- More News...
- CRIME FREE MULTI HOUSING PROGRAM CLASSES
- Electronics Recycling Made Easy In Aurora
- Pet Supplies Adoption Event
- Low-Cost Animal Wellness Clinics
- FREE SEMINARS TO EXPLAIN HOME DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE
- More Events...