Aurora’s Farmers Market 2013
Healthy Growing! Open every Saturday morning, June through October.
Shop Aurora's Farmers Market for seasonal favorites! Join neighbors and come enjoy the familiar flavors and weekly surprises during our 101st Anniversary. We're Illinois' oldest continually-running market, proudly celebrating our history and heritage. Each week with our Healthy Growing Initiative, your shopping experience includes a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables as well as the opportunity to discover unique handcrafts, homemade breads and pastries, specialty meats, artisan cheeses, and beautiful flowers. Pick up your farm fresh produce for the week – and plan to spend some time savoring the sweetness of locally-made baked goods, snacking on fresh popcorn, or tasting delicious hot donuts!
Get to know our farmers, producers, and local artisans; bring your knives for sharpening; and meet friends at Aurora's Farmers Market for food demonstrations and enjoy weekly entertainment
- When: 8:00 a.m. to Noon, Saturdays, June 1 – Oct. 19
- Where:Aurora Transportation Center, 233 N. Broadway Ave. (Rt. 25).
Contributing Sponsor: AT&T U-Verse
This Week At the Farmers Market:
60+ vendors offering a vast selection of fresh produce, tasty products, artisan crafts and much more makes the market a great place to shop. Plus:
- I love My Farmers Market Celebration - you may get stickered by one of our volunteers, enter a drawing for canning kit or have a photo op with Cornelius and Penelope!
- Corn on the Cobb available this week!
- Annual American Association of University of Women Book Sale.
- Special Olympics Fundraising booth by the Aurora Police Department.
- Patrick Benson & Dulcinea Basile (music educators) are hosting a community drum circle. Stop by and borrow a drum or percussion instrument to join in the soulful rhythms.
- Northern IL Students will be demonstrating recipe preparation and providing samples. This week features Zucchini and Cantaloupe!
- Spark will be presenting a Mobile Learning kiosk for kids and grownups!
To promote access to fresh fruits and vegetables, good nutrition and support healthful habits, eligible Illinois residents may receive up to an additional $10 BONUS per market day for healthy food shopping thanks to the Kane County Fit for Kids Founders Consortium and Link Up Illinois.
Attention Aurora Area Community Groups
The 2013 Aurora’s Farmers Market is a great way to promote your organization, conduct a fundraiser, and get the word out about the exciting projects your group is working on. If your Aurora area non-profit organization is interested in hosting The Community Table at the Market, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Space is very limited so please apply early.
Aurora’s Farmers Market Young Entrepreneur Program
We’re inviting industrious Aurora area youth groups, clubs, or individuals to become “Young Entrepreneur’s” this summer at any of our three Farmers Markets. Youngsters will have the opportunity to sell handcrafts, homegrown produce and other products that they produce. These “Young Entrepreneur’s” will not only be earning money for their efforts, but learning valuable social and business skills including personal interaction, marketing, merchandising and money management in a safe and positive environment.
To be a “Young Entrepreneur”:
- Participants must be 15 years of age or younger and able to work the booth, count money, etc., and be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- All products offered for sale must be grown or produced by the youth.
- Participants must follow all market rules and any applicable Health Department regulations.
- Participation is limited to up to 4 days per market with a $5 fee per day.
For more information on the Aurora’s Farmers Market Young Entrepreneur program, email us at email@example.com or call Dee Basile at 630-256-3370.
Friends of Aurora’s Farmers Market
Friends of Aurora’s Farmers Markets maintains a Facebook page. Visit it for more information about the Farmers Market.
Buy Illinois Challenge
This challenges every household in Illinois to dedicate $10 of their existing weekly grocery budget to the purchase of Illinois Products
If every Illinois household (4.7 million) takes the challenge to dedicate just $10 weekly -- we can generate $2.4 billion annually!
The Fresh Flyer
Your guide to eating what’s fresh at the market, courtesy of The College of Health and Human Sciences at Northern Illinois University.
- September, 2013 Recipe Cards
- September, 2013
- August, 2013
- July, 2013
- June, 2013
- October, 2012
- September, 2012
- August, 2012
- July, 2012
- June, 2012
This week at the Farmer's Market Downtown, we are featuringDave Byron, International Guitarist.
Interested in performing at the Farmers Market? Contact Dee Nila Basile at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call (630) 256-3370.
Specialty Vendors & Delicious Extras
- Fresh Brewed Coffee & Lattes available from Fresh Ground Roasting.
- Fresh Baked breads and sweet treats from Katic Bakery and Sweet Sensations.
- Bring your knives and tools for sharpening at the Finer Edge.
"Eat Healthy, Grow Well and Buy Local". For information call (630) 256-INFO (4636)