Aurora’s Farmers Market
Healthy Growing! Open every Saturday morning, June through October.
Shop Aurora's Farmers Market for seasonal favorites! Join neighbors and come enjoy the familiar flavors and weekly surprises during our 101st Anniversary. We're Illinois' oldest continually-running market, proudly celebrating our history and heritage. Each week with our Healthy Growing Initiative, your shopping experience includes a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables as well as the opportunity to discover unique handcrafts, homemade breads and pastries, specialty meats, artisan cheeses, and beautiful flowers. Pick up your farm fresh produce for the week – and plan to spend some time savoring the sweetness of locally-made baked goods, snacking on fresh popcorn, or tasting delicious hot donuts!
Get to know our farmers, producers, and local artisans; bring your knives for sharpening; and meet friends at Aurora's Farmers Market for food demonstrations and enjoy weekly entertainment. Several events upcoming to notate on your calendar:
- Farmers Market Preview Event: Saturday, May 17 from 8:00 am to Noon
- Aurora Downtown Farmers Market: Saturdays from June 14 8:00 am to Noon until October 18
- Aurora West Farmers Market: Wednesdays starting July 9 from 1:00 to 5:00 pm
- Aurora East Farmers Market: Thursdays starting July 10 from 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Area Community Groups:
The 2014 Aurora’s Farmers Market is a great way to promote your organization, conduct a fundraiser, and get the word out about the exciting projects your group is working on. If your Aurora area non-profit organization is interested in hosting The Community Table at the Market, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Space is very limited so please apply early.
Young Entrepreneur Program:
We’re inviting industrious Aurora area youth groups, clubs, or individuals to become “Young Entrepreneur’s” this summer at any of our three Farmers Markets. Youngsters will have the opportunity to sell handcrafts, homegrown produce and other products that they produce. These “Young Entrepreneur’s” will not only be earning money for their efforts, but learning valuable social and business skills including personal interaction, marketing, merchandising and money management in a safe and positive environment.
- Participants must be 15 years of age or younger and able to work the booth, count money, etc., and be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- All products offered for sale must be grown or produced by the youth.
- Participants must follow all market rules and any applicable Health Department regulations.
- Participation is limited to up to 4 days per market.
Friends of Aurora Farmer's Market
Friends of Aurora’s Farmers Markets maintains a Facebook page. Be sure to "Like" us!
Buy Illinois Challenge:
This challenges every household in Illinois to dedicate $10 of their existing weekly grocery budget to the purchase of Illinois Products. If every Illinois household (4.7 million) takes the challenge to dedicate just $10 weekly -- we can generate $2.4 billion annually!