Festival of Lights Returns for 7th Year
The Festival of Lights is one of the largest, free outdoor holiday light displays in Northern Illinois and it’s returning for its 7th year at Phillips Park with even more dazzling displays that will delight both adults and children. The signature winter event is a drive-through of more than one mile of spectacular lighted displays. Find out more here.
Festival Funding Applications Available
The City of Aurora is accepting applications for funding celebrations that promote culture or foster community spirit. For the first time, organizations can submit one application for consideration from three funding sources. Find out more by clicking here
Santa Returns to Phillips Park
The big guy himself will be visiting with children and taking their holiday wish lists from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday in December beginning Dec. 7, at the Stover Visitors Center at Phillips Park, 1000 Ray Moses Dr. The annual tradition is presented by the Friends of Phillips Park. Learn more by clicking here
City of Aurora Holiday Hours
Please take note that all City buildings, with the exception of the police and fire departments, will be closed at noon Dec. 24 and 31 for Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve respectively; and all day Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 for Christmas and New Year’s. Happy Holidays!
Winter Parking and Safety Reminders
Driving in winter’s elements requires extra precautions behind the wheel. Aurora Police remind you to slow down, drive defensively, & make sure windows are clear of ice & snow before you set out on your journey. Also, parking is prohibited on Aurora streets & alleyways before or after a snowfall of 2 inches or more.
Keep Your Holidays from Going Up in Flames
For most of us, the holiday season represents a time for family festivities and good cheer. What few of us consider is that the season is also a time when there is an increased risk of home fires. The Aurora Fire Department has several tips that you can use to make sure your holidays don’t turn tragic. For details, click here
Students Creativity Highlighted at Annual Exhibit
Over 100 Aurora students from grades K-12 with a flair for creativity will have their artwork showcased at the 16th annual “Winter Garden of Youth Art” which will run Dec. 13 to Jan. 24 at the David L. Pierce Art and History Center, 20 E. Downer Place. Details on the free event can be found here.
City of Aurora Warming Centers
With winter-type temperatures firmly entrenched, the City of Aurora is issuing a reminder of the six warming centers that are available across the City. In addition, Senior Services, Inc., a local social service agency, can also provide much needed services to older people in need. For information, click here.
Please Don't Feed Coyotes!
Calls of reported coyote sightings in Aurora neighborhoods typically increase as animals venture out in search of food. If you see or encounter one of these wild animals, there are some simple safety rules you should follow.
Get info on schools, polling places, zoning & more.
Road Closures/Construction Updates
Note: Online payment services currently only support Firefox and Internet Explorer web browsers.
- AAP Amendment 2014 #1
- Request for Liquor License Extension
- Cross-Connection Control Survey (Residential)
- Water Main Flushing Program
- Electronic Recycling Dates
- Sanitary Sewer Backup Prevention Rebate Program
- Planning and Zoning Public Notices
- Pathways to Prosperity Asset Mapping Project
- Human Relations Commission
- 2013 Ward Map
- Electrical Aggregation FAQs
- Employment Opportunities
- Civil Service Eligibility Lists
- City of Aurora Budget
- FOIA Forms
- Utility Tax Rebate FAQ & Form
- Oversize/Weight Commercial Vehicle Permit
- Property Registration Help Desk
- Public Notice - Aurora Excelsior Manufactured Gas Plant Site B Remediation Project
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rush-Copley Joins Citys Fiber Optic Nework
- APD Sergeant Honored for Life-Saving Actions
- Aurora Police Introduce MY PD App
- Aurora Police Issue Winter Parking and Safety Reminders
- City Issues Reminder of Available Warming Centers
- General Fall Leaf Collection Extended Until December 13
- Free Seminar to Explain Home Down Payment Assistance
- More News...
- Electronics Recycling
- Low-Cost Pet Wellness Clinic
- Visits With Santa Return to Phillips Park
- Santa is Coming to Town!
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Years Eve
- New Years Day
- Aurora Downtown Executive Committee Meeting
- Aurora Neighborhood Council Meeting
- More Events...