Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Meetings can last a little as 30 minutes or as long as 2 hours depending on the number or complexity of agenda items. Three unexcused absences in 1 year are generally grounds for dismissal.
The following is a list of the current Committees of the Board:
- Citizen Advisory Committee, which provides the Board with a larger breath of interest, knowledge and expertise from which to advise and educate the general public on sustainable and environmental policies and practices.
- Green Events Committee, which provides research, guide, organize and volunteer at events that will enhance, develop and create sustainable practices within the community.
- Grant and Award Research Committee, which provides research and assist in the application for grant opportunities that will enhance, develop and create sustainable practices within the community.
- Youth Outreach Committee, which develops youth oriented programs and activities that will enhance, develop and create sustainable practices within the community.
Functions and Duties
In order to maintain and implement the City's Sustainability Plan some examples of the Members' functions and duties include:
- Make recommendations to the City Council and the Mayor's Office for programs or actions designed to implement the recommendations contained in the City Sustainability Plan.
- Provide a forum for addressing public concerns related to sustainable and environmental policies and practices.
- Promoting a local movement, partnering with motivated stakeholders, establishing implementation priorities, identifying financing opportunities, and engaging local residents.
- Provide input on sustainability policies and practices that reflect the community values.
- Assist the City Council and the Mayor's Office in balancing community priorities and resources by advising them on sustainability issues.