Seniors (65 and older) are eligible for special 14-gallon orange bag program for trash. Bags are purchased in rolls of 20 at a variety of outlets for $33.00 View a list of orange bag retailers (PDF). Seniors will still receive a free 35 gallon recycling cart with weekly service. Stickers will still be required for bulk items. Please call Groot at 630-892-9294 to inquire about this option.
The low-volume user option provides trash collection twice per month in a specially marked 35-gallon cart for $9.02 per month. Beginning the week of January 7th 2019, The City of Aurora's low-volume option provides trash collection every other week in a specially marked 35-gallon cart. Recycling will occur weekly using a 35-gallon cart. Please call Groot at 630-892-9294 to inquire about this limited option.
Low-Volume Collection Calendar (PDF)
Customers who currently use a Groot trash cart have the option of keeping their current cart or selecting a new one or change to a new trash cart of any of the three sizes. Current customers will still have to select a recycling cart. If current customers do not reply, they will keep their current cart size and be provided with a 65-gallon recycling cart.
- Can I opt out of the new program or is trash removal a requirement? What happens if I do nothing?
- What should we do with the old containers?
- How will I be able to choose my service option?
- Who will be responsible for maintenance / replacement of the new carts?
- How much do the carts hold?
- What are the sizes of the recycling bins?
- How will senior citizens register for the orange bag program?
- Will there be any charge if the homeowner wishes to get a different size?
- When and how will the carts be delivered?
- How will the homeowner be billed?