Animal Control

Please donate to Aurora Animal Control today!

  • Interested in adding a furry member to your family?  Please check out our adoptable animals on Petfinder.
  • If you are looking to surrender your animal to the shelter, please call 630-256-3630 or email [email protected] to make an appointment.
  • If you have lost or found an animal please call 630-256-3630 and check out our lost and found resources.
  •  City pet licenses are required for all dogs and cats that live within the city limits of Aurora.  Apply for your pet license online today!
  •  To report animal neglect or cruelty, please call 630-256-3630 or email [email protected].
  •  For all other animal related questions or concerns, please call 630-256-3630 or email [email protected].

Services Offered

  • Animal Cruelty investigations on animals residing within the city limits of Aurora
  • Barking dog complaints
  • Investigation of animal bites
  • Provide pet adoptions of pets housed at the facility
  • Removal of road killed animals from the streets of Aurora
  • Removal of stray cats or dogs within city limits
  • Talks to groups about being safe around animals, responsible pet ownership and proper pet care

Additional Resources

For additional resources such as local area animal shelters, low cost animal clinics, and wildlife centers, CLICK HERE

Animal Bites

It is mandatory that all persons bitten by any type of animal must report the bite as soon as possible. Also, anyone who is chased, attacked, or threatened by an animal should also report those incidents especially if the animal is running at large.

Feeding of Stray Cats

Feeding of stray cats within the city limits is prohibited (Animal Control Ordinance 9-12). Feeding of wild/feral or stray cats can encourage cat colonies to form. These colonies can form very quickly when the cats being fed are not spayed/neutered. Please contact Animal Control regarding these types of situations.

Wild Animals

Animal problems concerning removal of healthy wildlife (Raccoons, Opossums, Squirrels, and the like) requires a licensed human trapper to be called. The Animal Control Office can fax, mail or provide a list for pickup of licensed humane trappers in the area that can be called.