- City Services
- City Services I - Z
- Property Standards
The Division of Property Standards enforces codes in neighborhoods and in rental properties, ensuring that neighborhoods and rental homes stay safe. Property Standards staff also works with neighborhood groups and individual residents to help them identify code issues, prevent blight and improve curb appeal in their neighborhoods.
Helpful Documents & Links
- Customer Satisfaction Survey- We value your feedback!
- Information on how to use our Etrackit Online Portal
- Financial Assistance Programs
- Property Registration Fee Schedule
- Residential Property Registration- Fillable Application
Property Standards inspectors address problems including but not limited to:
- Abandoned cars or cars parked on grass
- Deteriorating houses (including broken windows, falling gutters and unsafe stairs)
- High weeds
- Illegal businesses in neighborhoods
- Junk and trash
- Substandard housing (including illegal basement apartments, unregistered landlords, overcrowding)
- Much more
Register a Complaint
If you would like to register a complaint, please fill out a request through the city's Customer Service Division. Call them at 630-256-INFO (4636) or fill out an online complaint form. In order to provide the best level of service through the most accurate information, please provide a direct street address.
If you have an after hours complaint regarding no heat or carbon monoxide poisoning, call 911.