Planned Developments provide for unified land development under a plan description with development standards crafted to specific site conditions in order to:
- Encourage better coordinated development
- Promote land use diversification
- Allow for greater design flexibility through variation in bulk regulations
- Ensure compliance with land use policies
- Provide for economically beneficial development of public facilities and services
There are two types of Planned Developments in the City of Aurora a Planned Development District
which includes at least two hundred (200) acres of contiguous property, and a Special Use Planned Development
which can be any sized property.
Plan Descriptions for a number of the City's Planned Developments are available here. If you do not find the specific Planned Development you are looking for please contact the Planning and Zoning Division and we can provide it to you.