Aurora Youth Council
- 4:30 p.m.
- 2nd Wednesday of every month
- City Hall
44 E. Downer Place
Conference Room A, 5th Floor
Aurora, IL 60505
Agendas & MinutesAgendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The purpose of the Aurora Youth Council (AYC) is to provide leadership development opportunities for Aurora youth. The AYC will assume an advisory role for Mayor Irvin and City leadership on issues related to our city’s youth population as well as be involved in conducting outreach and engagement activities to ensure young people are becoming more involved in their city.
MembershipPresident Safa Zaman-Metea Valley
Vice President Adam Pauly-Aurora Central Catholic
Secretary Mohini Shanker-Waubonsee Valley High School
Treasurer Diana Gonzalez-IMSA
Veronica Gebbia-Aurora Christian
Matt Leslie-West Aurora
Neha Tokala-Metea Valley
Manal Zaman-Metea Valley
Liam Fitzpatrick-Oswego High School
Margarita Medina-East Aurora
- Potential members must live within the corporate boundaries of the City of Aurora.
- Potential members must be no younger than 14 years old and no older than 18 years old at the time of application.
- Potential members must attend a public, private or alternative high school located in the City of Aurora.
- Potential members must demonstrate leadership, community involvement and responsibility.
We will be accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year to fill vacancies from the following schools: West Aurora, East Aurora, Metea, Waubonsee, IMSA, Aurora Central Catholic, Marmion, Batavia, Rosary, and Kaneland.
Applications are due by Monday May 11, Click here to complete the online application.