Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Mission & Goals
Establish and/or partner with providers and businesses to provide services for vulnerable individuals with physical and/or developmental disabilities.
Meetings & Quorum
Regular meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. Special meetings may also be called. Four members will constitute a quorum. All meetings held at City Hall, 5th floor, Conference Room 5B, public welcome to attend. By-laws (PDF)
The Board will consist of nine members who shall serve without compensation. At least two (2) of said members shall have professional expertise in the various facets of the duties of the Commission, by virtue of their training and/or employment. These areas of expertise may include, but are not necessarily limited to: the disabled, community development, architecture, transportation, communications, employment, the law, environmental management and safety. After establishment of staggered terms, the term of appointment shall be for three years with no maximum term limit. If a position is vacated during a term, a new member shall be appointed in the same manner to fill the unexpired term. Ref: Resolution No. R19-011 dated 1/22/19
Members are expected to:
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Read the agendas and any material sent prior to each meeting, and familiarize yourself with the various agenda items.
- Complete action items as assigned prior to each meeting.
- Each member will have “ownership” of at least one topic or effort for which they are responsible for advancing the effort and reporting out to the group.
- Members are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the latest research and trends pertaining to disabilities.
- Members are encouraged to utilize new and existing organizations and also to participate in community events to educate themselves on disability topics.
Meetings can last as little as 30 minutes or as long as 90 minutes depending on the number or complexity of agenda items. If a member is absent from three (3) successive regular meetings without notification, it shall be considered a voluntary resignation.
The following is a list of the current Committees of the Board:
- Employment/Financial Planning
- Provider Partnerships
- 2018 IL Accessibility Code - Ensuring built environment in the State of Illinois is accessible to and usable by all, including individuals with disabilities.
- ABLE Account – Giving those with disabilities the ability to save
- ADA Paratransit
- Diveheart – Scuba experience for children, adults, and veterans with disabilities
- Fox Valley Developers - Independent Apartment Community in Aurora
- FVSRA – Recreational activities for residents with disabilities
- National Down Syndrome Month - October
- National Epilepsy Awareness Month - November
- National Preparedness Month - September
- Special Needs Aurora Police Program (SNAPP) – Assist first responders to better equip the in an emergency