Advisory Commission on Disabilities
The Advisory Commission on Disabilities (ACD) is committed to ensuring that every Aurora resident is afforded an equal opportunity to access and participate in City programs, services, facilities and communications. This commission assists the City in fulfilling it obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), regulations promulgated in connection therewith and any other applicable law or ordinance concerning the rights of disabled persons.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Lori Price, Chairperson - Term expires January 31, 2022
- Debbie Nardone, Vice Chairperson - Term expires January 31, 2021
- Teresa Crafton, Secretary - Term expires January 31, 2020
- Eric Moch, Secretary - Term expires January 31, 2021
- Elana Newkirk -Term expires January 31, 2020
- Todd Nardone - Term expires January 31, 2021
- Lisa Jacino -Term expires January 31, 2022
- Janine McDonough - Term expires January 31, 2022 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Apply to be a Member
We welcome applications for future openings. Simply click here to apply online!
Meetings & Quorum
Regular meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. Special meetings may also be called. Four members will constitute a quorum. All meetings held at City Hall, 5th floor, Conference Room 5B, public welcome to attend.
The Board will consist of nine members who shall serve without compensation. At least two (2) of said members shall have professional expertise in the various facets of the duties of the Commission, by virtue of their training and/or employment. These areas of expertise may include, but are not necessarily limited to: the disabled, community development, architecture, transportation, communications, employment, the law, environmental management and safety. After establishment of staggered terms, the term of appointment shall be for three years with no maximum term limit. If a position is vacated during a term, a new member shall be appointed in the same manner to fill the unexpired term. Ref: Resolution No. R19-011 dated 1/22/19
Members are expected to:
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Read the agendas and any material sent prior to each meeting, and familiarize yourself with the various agenda items.
- Complete action items as assigned prior to each meeting.
- Each member will have “ownership” of at least one topic or effort for which they are responsible for advancing the effort and reporting out to the group.
- Members are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the latest research and trends pertaining to disabilities.
- Members are encouraged to utilize new and existing organizations and also to participate in community events to educate themselves on disability topics.
Meetings can last as little as 30 minutes or as long as 90 minutes depending on the number or complexity of agenda items. If a member is absent from three (3) successive regular meetings without notification, it shall be considered a voluntary resignation.
The following is a list of the current Committees of the Board:
- Employment/Financial Planning
- Provider Partnerships