ALICE TRAINING & ACTIVE SHOOTER TRAINING
The Aurora Police Department currently provides ALICE Training for taxpayer supported government entities within the City of Aurora.
ALICE - which stands for Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate - is an active assailant response protocol that covers how to react in active threat situations. This can be used within schools, libraries, hospitals, medical/municipal environments or virtually any other public settings. Classes are presented in an approximately one and one-half hour instructional training module and they incorporate fundamentals of this useful protocol.
For more information about the ALICE program, please visit their website at https://www.alicetraining.com/
For those who are living in, working in, or own property in Aurora, you may also have an opportunity to participate in similar training known as Active Shooter Training. These classes will be held at the Aurora Police Department year-round. A background check is required for all applicants.
- Either belong to an Aurora Government Agency (ALICE) OR live in, work in, or own property in the City of Aurora (Active Shooter Training)
- 18 years or older
- Background check
- 01/20/2023 at 6:00pm (Application Deadline: 01/13/2023)
- 04/17/2023 at 6:00pm (Application Deadline: 04/10/2023)
- Active Shooter Training
- 01/23/2023 at 6:00pm (Application Deadline: 01/13/2023)
- 04/21/2023 at 6:00pm (Application Deadline: 04/10/2023)
ALICE & Active Shooting Training will be offered year-round if classes fill up.
APPLICATION: CLICK HERE - ALICE & Active Shooter Training Application
For those wishing to participate in ALICE or Active Shooter Training, an application must be completed and submitted to: [email protected]. Applicants may be denied due to maximum capacity reached in the class.