Eastern Painted Turtle
- Scientific name: Chrysemys picta
- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Chordata
- Class: Reptilia
- Order: Testudines
- Family: Emydidae
- Genus: Chrysemys
- Species: C. picta
- Eastern painted turtles are the most colorful turtles in North America.
- Mostly diurnal (active during the day), most of their day is spent basking on logs, stumps, and stream banks.
- These turtles are usually very timid, and flee from approaching humans.
- Their diet consists of vegetation, insects, snails, small crayfish and fish.
- They can grow 4 to 6 inches in length.