Community Resources for Displaced Residents
• Hesed House is offering housing assistance, counseling, legal services through its Comprehensive Resource Center located across the street from Hesed House at 680 S. River Street. Contact Karen Whitney at 630-897-2156 Ext. 512 or [email protected]
• The Aurora Information Referral System is designed to connect Aurora residents experiencing housing to services and resources. It is a partnership between Hesed House, the Aurora Housing Authority and the City of Aurora. Visit www.findhelpaurorail.org or contact Heidi Urime at 630-897-2156 ext. 571 or [email protected]
• City of Aurora’s Development Services Department has contacted landlords in Aurora who have available units with monthly rent costs similar to previously paid amounts. To be connected with cooperating landlords, email [email protected] or visit the Development Services Department at 77 S. Broadway Ave.
• Aurora Area InterFaith Food Pantry distributes food on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 1110 Jericho Rd. Bring a photo ID and a document showing the address of 480 Garfield Ave (utility bill, lease, etc.)
• Marie Wilkinson Food Pantry distributes food to the general public every Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. at 834 N. Highland Ave. and every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at East Aurora High School – Door33, 801 Ziegler Ave. Senior citizens, disabled persons and veterans can also obtain food every Wednesday from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at 834 N. Highland Ave. Bring a photo ID and a document showing the address of 480 Garfield Ave (utility bill, lease, etc.)
• Wesley United Methodist Church offers free dinner every Wednesday at 5:30 p .m. at 14 N. May Street.
• Family Focus is providing clothing vouchers to the Goodwill Store. Contact Christina Campos at 630-844-2550 or [email protected] or visit 550 Second Ave.
For assistance with obtaining security deposits and unused rental payments, contact:
• Prairie State Legal Services: www.pslegal.org or (800) 942-4612
• Kane County Bar Association: www.kanecountybar.org/contact-us or 630-762-1900
For updates to this resource list, call the City of Aurora’s Customer Service Center at 630-256-4636 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or visit www.aurora-il.org/resources 24 hours a day.