Public information & Media Relations
Aurora Police Department’s Office of Public Information is responsible for communicating with the citizens of Aurora to provide timely and accurate information to the public about the police department and things happening in our neighborhoods through social media, traditional media, and public events to better inform, interact, and connect with our community as a whole.
The Office of Public Information is responsible for the following:
- Publicizing the Police Department’s programs, services, and special events.
- Connecting directly with the public on a variety of different social media platforms.
- Organizing public events and outreach campaigns for the department
- Creating interactive and engaging content for the department to engage citizens.
- Distributing news releases and media updates on significant incidents and breaking news.
- Responding to the scenes of major incidents to coordinate the release of information to news organizations and the public.
- Provides staff support to the Office of the Chief.
The Office of Public Information releases public safety information as quickly as possible during an incident, often in a variety of formats and on different social media platforms.
Follow APD on all of our social media platforms
The Office of Public Information handles a variety of media inquiries and requests from local and national news media. The office is responsible for the dissemination of all news releases issued by the police department.
Media requests for information or interviews should be directed to the APD Media Line at 630-256-5070 or via email at [email protected].
City reinstates Mask Policy for employees and visitors Read on...
The community is invited to the Swearing-In Ceremony for new Aurora Police Chief Keith Cross and Deputy Chief Matt Thomas at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, August 11. Read on...
Getting a COVID-19 vaccination has just gotten more accessible for motorists. The City of Aurora announced the first State-run drive-thru COVID-19 vaccination site, located in the State’s second-largest city. Read on...