The Aurora Emergency Management Agency is looking for caring and dedicated individuals that wish to serve their neighbors and community. We are always looking for good people with open minds and big hearts that want to serve in the Aurora Emergency Management Agency Emergency Volunteer Services. To be eligible, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of application
- Valid Illinois Driver's License
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- Subject to a background check
- Agree to a Code of Conduct and adhere to all EMA rules and regulations
- Be available to respond to emergency calls
- Commit to donating a minimum of 12 hours of service every three months @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
NOTE: You are not required to be a resident of Aurora, however, if you wish to assist with emergency callouts you shall not live more than 10 miles outside Aurora.
Volunteers are responsible for:
- Being realistic and candid in accepting their assignment, taking into consideration your interests, skills, and availability, as well as the needs of AEMA and the City of Aurora.
- Learning the volunteer assignment as well as you can by completing all required training, asking questions, and staying in touch with Supervisors, Members, and AEMA.
- Contributing to EVS by being reliable and dependable in doing your job and working with other volunteers.
- Following all policies and guidelines of EVS, sign a Code of Conduct, observe confidentiality when needed, and engage in appropriate public behavior at all times.
- Participating in the feedback process by letting Supervisors and AEMA staff know how you feel about your volunteer experience and by giving constructive suggestions for improvement in any area.
- Developing your skills as a volunteer by actively participating in training and development opportunities. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
AEMA is responsible for:
- Providing a suitable assignment based upon your interests, skills, and availability, as well as AEMA needs.
- Initial orientation and training, and continued training, to help you perform and be successful in your role.
- Providing opportunity to work as part of a team, to contribute to the welfare of the City of Aurora and its departments, and to be recognized for your contribution.
- Giving the support you need to do your job, including necessary equipment, supplies, workspace, and helpful supervision.
- Allowing opportunity to provide feedback about your volunteer experience.
- Providing the chance to grow and develop as a volunteer through participation, training events, meetings, and positions. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>