If you feel you have a complaint, please contact the Aldermen's Office. Alternatively, you may make the complaint online.

Common issues handled by the Aldermen's office include:
  • A house or garage that is not kept up to code standards.
  • Cars parked on the grass or lawn.
  • Dead trees in yard or on public right of way.
  • Junk and/or trash in a neighbor's yard.
  • Junk vehicle(s) parked in a driveway.
  • More than 1 unlicensed vehicle parked in a driveway.
  • Tall grass over 8 inches or weeds in a lot or yard.
  • Vehicle parked on the street over the 48-hour parking limit.
Aldermen also handle requests such as:
  • Additional street lights.
  • Special Service Areas (SSA): Residents can request an SSA for their street, which could involve storm sewer, sidewalks, curb and gutter, street lights, and a rebuilt street. This is done on a 50/50 basis with the city paying 50% and the residents paying 50%. It can be done by the residents paying their share through their taxes over a period of years.
  • Stop and yield signs or other signage such as handicapped parking, no parking and disabled child.