Mobile Food Unit Rules, Regulations and Information
Are you a mobile food unit vendor looking to operate in Aurora? See below for helpful information as well as the application.
- Steps to operating a Mobile Food Unit in Aurora (PDF)
- To view the full City code on Mobile Food Units, please click here
- Need a translation? Use the Google translate button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen to select your language of choice.
Looking for a mobile food unit for an event? Use the link below!
Vendors listed here may have an annual license, or may have received an event license at one point in the year. Event organizers/hosts should ask the vendor if they have a current license, or contact the License Administrator at 630-256-3560 to inquire.
Want to participate in an event? Follow these steps to ensure compliance:
If the event is on public (city) property, a “Special Event Permit” may be required. Contact Community Events at [email protected] or by calling 630-256-3370.
Unsure if the event requires a permit or consent form? Contact the License Administrator at [email protected] or 630-256-3560.
City Designated Mobile Food Unit Spots
The map below lists spots designated by the City of Aurora for licensed mobile food units to utilize on a first-come-first-serve basis. All users must have a current City of Aurora license.
Are you a vendor with an annual license looking to operate within 100 ft. of a brick-and-mortar restaurant? Review the information below on how to request a “Distance Reduction Hearing."
- Mobile Food Unit - Distance Reduction Information (English)
- Mobile Food Unit - Distance Reduction Information (Spanish)
- Mobile Food Unit Application (Online Form)
- Mobile Food Vending Distance Reduction Application (Online Form)
- Mobile Food Unit Application (PDF)
- Application For Hearing To Reduce Distance Requirement For Mobile Food Vending (PDF)
Mobile Foot Unit Newsletters
- How do I apply for a permit?
Contact the Revenue and Collections Department at 630-256-3571 or apply online by clicking here.
- What are the requirements?
A complete application including a State of Illinois Tax ID number, passing a local health department inspection, passing an AFP inspection, and passing a visual inspection. Annual vendors must be an Aurora-based business.
- How far in advance of the event date do I need to register?
At least 14 days in advance.