Due to the recent Hail Damage on April 4, 2023, our offices have experienced a rapid influx in Roofing permit application submissions. Due to the high foot traffic & high call volumes, we strongly recommend submitting permits online via: e-TRAKiT Online Portal
Please review the roofing permit requirements listed below & utilize all the online tools available to assist in completing the permit process:
1. Contractor Registration - All General Contractors & Roofing Contractors are required to be licensed with the City of Aurora, IL.
- Contractor Registration may be submitted in person or via email to: [email protected]
- Certificate of Insurance for General Liability will be required to list the statement: City of Aurora is primary & non-contributory additional insured.
- Certificate of Insurance for Workers Compensation Coverage is required for all Roofing Contractors
2. Copy of Contract Required
- Please note that if a Roofing Contract is in the name of a 3rd party company, then this Company would be required to register as a General Contractor. All parties are responsible for completing permit process & inspections.
3. Permit Application & Fees- You may submit the Roofing Permit Application in person or you may submit the application electronically online via:
4. Ventilation Calculation Worksheet- All roofing permits are required a Ventilation Calculation Worksheet. Please note that in order to complete this worksheet an attic inspection is required to be completed to verify the attic area & all existing ventilation. Although the Contractor may not intend to change the ventilation or make changes to the soffit ventilation; the ventilation worksheet is required to reflect all existing ventilation. This is required in order to verify that all ventilation is properly balanced & meeting Code Requirements.
- Each Separate attic space is required a separate Ventilation Calculation Worksheet.
- Aurora Roofing Presentation is available to assist in completing the Ventilation Calculation Worksheet.
- Roofing Calculators are available to assist you in meeting code requirements. However, a completed Ventilation Calculation Worksheet is still required.
5. Review(s) will be required for:
- Cathedral Ceilings
- Flat Roofs
- Commercial Roofs
- Historic District
- Foxwalk District
- Replacing any structural framing
- Replacing all sheathing material
- Installing New Power Vent
For permit review timeframes, please visit: Review Timeframes
- Please provide manufacturer’s specifications on any vents that are not listed on the Ventilation form.
- If unsure on what type of vents are currently installed, then please take pictures.
- If you are new to this process and having trouble completing the ventilation sheet or if you are having trouble balancing the existing ventilation system, then please come into our office & our staff can assist you.