- DeMoon Family Education Pavilion / Elk
- A stone pavilion space for educational programs and a beautiful view of the elk habitat.
Male peafowl are called peacocks, while female peafowl are called peahens. In the wild, they live in deciduous tropical rain forests.
3. Bald Eagle and Turkey Vulture
- The bald eagle was chosen as the emblem of the United States of America in 1782 because of its long life, great strength, and majestic looks. Turkey vultures are scavengers and play an important part in cleaning up the ecosystem.
4. Great Horned Owl
These owls do not have actual horns, but instead have tufts of feathers that resemble horns.
- Eurasian Lynx are one of four “lynx” species. Although they are not native to the United States, their cousins, the bobcat and Canada lynx, can be found in North America.
6. Farm Animals
The barn yard has chickens, turkeys, goats, and miniature cattle. These animals are considered "domestic" species, just like cats and dogs.
7. Gray Wolves
- Gray wolves are the largest member of the wild dog family found in North America.
8. Birds of Prey
Hawks, owls, and falcons reside in these habitats. These birds have sharp beaks and talons to help them catch prey.
9. Quiet/Rest Area
- This shaded area has a picnic bench and a Little Library!
10. Cow Pasture
- Seasonally, our Scottish Highland Cattle will enjoy sunny days grazing in this large open space.
11. Tortoise Yards
Seasonally, our various tortoise species can be found strolling and grazing the grasses of these yards, located across from the Reptile House.
12. Reptile House
- Reptiles are found on every continent except Antarctica. The Reptile House and adjacent tortoise yards (seasonal) are home to some of these unique animals.
13. Tropical Bird Exhibits
Our macaw and aracari (a type of toucan) can be found here on nice summer days. (Weather dependent). These birds are brightly colored and very intelligent.
15. Zoo Office and Animal Hospital (STAFF)
- This is a staff only space for vet exams and zookeeper responsibilities such as planning, record keeping, and meetings.