Circus / Carnival Permit

A circus or carnival permit requires City Council approval and should be submitted to the City Clerk’s Office a minimum of 2 months in advance. View the municipal code regarding the circus or carnival permit.


Access the circus or carnival permit application (PDF).


  • Application Fee
  • $100 per event (maximum of five (5) consecutive days)
  • Letter from the non-profit sponsoring organization
  • Letter of permission from property owner
  • Dates and times the Carnival/Circus is in operation
  • Entertainment Information
  • Fire Prevention Bureau Assembly Operational Permit
  • Food and Beverage Tax Registration
  • Security Requirement
  • Illinois Department of Labor Amusement Rides and Attractions Permit
  • Illinois Department of Labor Ride Inspection Certificates for current year

  • Diagram showing:
    • Toilet facilities
    • Entertainment location(s)
    • Off street parking
  • Certificate of Insurance
  • Hold Harmless
  • Restoration/Performance Bond
  • Local County Health Department Certificate for concessions
  • USDA Licenses for any animals (if applicable)
  • List of all carnival workers for event
  • List of accidents within the last five (5) years
  • Tent Permit (if applicable)