Peddlers / Solicitors
For Peddlers / Solicitors
Incomplete Applications will not be accepted or processed. View chapter 32 of the municipal code on peddlers and solicitors.
- Payment of $100 per 30 days. Maximum of six (6) months per peddler allowed per calendar year (adopted on September 25, 2018 by Ordinance O18-077)
- Clear copy of a valid state identification card
- Copies of any materials that will be shared with residents
- For third party peddlers/solicitors: A valid copy of the signed agreement/contract
- Any other information as requested by the City Clerk or designee
Access the on line peddler / solicitor application here.
A reminder that all peddlers or solicitors:
- May not claim to represent the City of Aurora, or claim that their product is endorsed by the City, at any time.
- Must have some form of identification on them, including identification of the company for which they are working.
- Must have their peddlers permit with them at all time and produce it on request.
- Must receive a permit prior to peddling/soliciting.
No Solicitor Signs
Peddlers are also required to skip any homes that are clearly marked NO SOLICITORS. Residents may download a NO SOLICITORS sign for their front door in English (PDF) or Spanish (PDF). Stickers are also available for free to residents at City Hall or may be purchased at any hardware store.
Residents who observe peddlers commit an infraction should contact the City's Customer Service Center at 630-256-INFO (4636) to report. Reports made through the Customer Service Center may remain anonymous and allow city staff to track and cite violations in a timely manner. Peddlers in violation of city ordinance may be fined or banned from peddling/soliciting in the City of Aurora for a period of one year.