Peddlers / Solicitors
For Peddlers / Solicitors
Applicants MUST submit all required documentation with their online application. Failure to submit all required documentation may result in a significant delay in the processing of your application.
- Payment of $100 per 30 days. Maximum of six (6) months per peddler allowed per calendar year (adopted on September 25, 2018 by Ordinance O18-077)
- A maximum of ten (10) peddler permits are allowed per company, per month
- Each applicant must submit their own application. Approved permits are for the use of the applicant only
- Clear copy of a valid state identification card
- Copies of any materials that will be shared with residents
- For third party peddlers/solicitors: A valid copy of the signed agreement/contract
- Any other information as requested by the City Clerk or designee
Access the online peddler/solicitor application here. The entire application process and payment are completed online. Once the permit is approved and ready for pick up, the City Clerk's Office will send an email to the applicant. Each approved applicant must pick up their own permit in person.
Note: A submitted application does not equate to an approved permit.
General rules to follow if you have been issued a Solicitor/Peddler permit from the City of Aurora.
A reminder that all peddlers or solicitors:
- May not claim to represent the City of Aurora, or claim that their product is endorsed by the City, at any time.
- Must have some form of identification on them, including identification of the company for which they are working.
- Must have their peddlers permit with them at all time and produce it on request.
- Must receive a permit prior to peddling/soliciting.
No Solicitor Signs
Peddlers are also required to skip any homes that are clearly marked NO SOLICITORS. Residents may download a NO SOLICITORS sign for their front door in English (PDF) or Spanish (PDF). Stickers are also available for free to residents at City Hall or may be purchased at any hardware store.
Residents who observe peddlers commit an infraction should contact the City's Customer Service Center at 630-256-INFO (4636) to report. Reports made through the Customer Service Center may remain anonymous and allow city staff to track and cite violations in a timely manner. Peddlers in violation of city ordinance may be fined or banned from peddling/soliciting in the City of Aurora for a period of one year.