Access the municipal code on raffle permits.
Permits Not RequiredA raffle permit is not required in the following cases:
- Any raffle in which the aggregate value of the prizes is less than five hundred dollars ($500) shall be considered automatically licensed without the necessity of an application.
- Raffles with an aggregate value of less than five hundred dollars ($500) may be held by any organization without having to follow the requirements of this article.
Organizations Eligible for a Raffle Applications
- 501 (c)(3)
- 501 (c)(5)
- 501 (c)(19)
- Veterans Organization
- 501 (c)(8) or 501 (c)(10)
- Application Fee
- $5 if aggregate prize value is between $500 and $5,000
- $25 if aggregate prize value is more than $5,000
- $25 for progressive raffle license
- Articles of Incorporation and/or Charter
- Fidelity Bond OR Corporate Surety
- Organization's IRS Letter of Determination (if applicable)
- Organization's Raffle Rules.