The City of Aurora requires a Raffle Permit to be issued for any raffle to be held within the City of Aurora limits.
Organizations Eligible for a Raffle Applications
- 501 (c)(3)
- 501 (c)(5)
- 501 (c)(19)
- Veterans Organization
- 501 (c)(8) or 501 (c)(10)
- Other Not-For Profit Businesses
- Application Fee
- None if aggregate prize value is $500.00 or less
- $5.00 if aggregate prize value is between $500.01 and $5,000.00
- $25 if aggregate prize value is $5,000.01 and over
- Articles of Incorporation and/or Charter
- Organization's IRS Letter of Determination (if applicable)
- Organization's Raffle Rules.
All operation and conduct of raffles shall be under the supervision of a single raffle manager as designated on the license application. Applicant must provide protection against dishonesty or theft as follows:
- Fidelity bond or corporate surety is not required if the anticipated aggregate prize value is less than $500 AND a majority of the members of the organization vote to waive the bond or, if there are no members of the organization, then a majority of the members of the governing board of the organization vote to waive the bond. Proof of waiver must be submitted with application.
- Fidelity Bond or Corporate Surety:
- Fidelity bond, (in favor of the organization/applicant conditioned upon the raffle manager’s honesty in the performance of his/her duties) in the sum of the aggregate retail value of the prizes if the anticipated aggregate prize value is greater than $500 but less than $15,000.
- Corporate surety is required if the anticipated aggregate prize value is greater than $15,000.