The Citizen Police Academy Alumni of Aurora (CPAAA) is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization consisting of individuals who have graduated from the Citizen Police Academy (CPA) after completing the ten week course. Upon graduation, graduates are invited to join the Alumni.
Become a Member
To become a member of the Alumni
- Successful completion of the course.
- Cost of $50 which includes the cost of a CPAAA member shirt and the 1st year membership fee of $20.
To promote and enhance the relationship between the community and the Aurora Police Department through continuing law enforcement education of our members and the community; by supporting and promoting special projects that strengthen the services provided by the Aurora Police Department, by assisting the Aurora Police Department with specific projects and by volunteering at community events.
Type of Things Do We Do
Volunteer for various community events such as:
- RiverEdge Park events
- BBQ fundraisers
- Assist with Police Week activities
- Assist with officer training
- Help with APD ceremonies
- Raise funds for non-budgeted items for example:
- Bite suits used for dog training
- Grab and go bags
Interested in Attending a CPA Class
If you are interested in taking a CPA class, please call 630-256-5385 or visit the CPA page.
After downloading the application return it to:
Aurora Police Department
Attn: CPA Coordinator
1200 E Indian Trail
Aurora, IL 60505