Mayor's Office of Economic Development
For Service Changes Pursuant to the 3/16/2020 City Emergency Declaration due to COVID-19 See our Development Services Department Main Page
- Development Services Corona Virus (Covid-19) policies 18Mar2020AA
- Para asistencia en español con las solicitudes de subvenciones y préstamos, contacte a al Cámara de Comercio Hispana Regional de Aurora al 331-442-1617
The Mayor’s Office of Economic Development initiates, advances plans and follows through on all actions that lead to smart economic growth throughout the City. With Clear vision of the City’s vast potential, and a "can do" culture, success measurements are new development, and redevelopment projects, increased assessed valuation, job growth with higher paying jobs and an underlying focus on downtown. Specifically, we will achieve an urban core with increased services, restaurants, businesses, entertainment options and new residents in a thriving downtown while still maintaining the unique character of our City. After all, "Aurora is Open for Business".
Verizon Small Business Recovery Fund
The Verizon Small Business Recovery Fund which is in partnership between Verizon and Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC). They are offering grants up to $10,000 to support small businesses. For full information regarding the grant, please visit: https://www.lisc.org/covid-19/verizon-small-business-recovery-fund/ Below is a snapshot of information regarding the grant.
“LISC will use the Verizon funding to provide grants of up to $10,000 to businesses facing immediate financial pressure because of COVID-19—especially entrepreneurs of color, women-owned businesses and other enterprises in historically underserved communities who don’t have access to flexible, affordable capital” All businesses that meet the eligibility can apply. However, they are prioritizing the following businesses:
- Businesses in LISC-supported census tracts* In Illinois, this is the areas of Chicago and Peoria. For more information, please reach out to LISC.
- MBE/WBE/VBE certified businesses
- Businesses in operation for at least one year
- SMALL businesses – especially those with 10 or fewer full time employees.
*For those not in a current LISC-supported census tract, your businesses may still apply; there are a number of factors that LISC will weigh to determine where grants will go and location is just one.
The funds can be used for paying rent, utilities, meeting payroll, paying outstanding debt to vendors, and other immediate operational costs.
Click HERE for the application. (it is only in English)
10:59 p.m. central time on Saturday, April 4th
Please be sure to reach out to [email protected] for questions and troubleshooting as this is a grant from them and not the State of Illinois.
Economic Resources for Aurora Businesses and Employees Affected by COVID-19
- Disaster Loan Assistance
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- PPP Application
- Illinois Small Business Emergency Loan Fund... Apply Here
Help us collect program and resource information aimed at stimulating community recovery efforts.