Eleanor Cook had this house built in 1895 and lived here with her brother, Lorenzo, a farmer. The semi-circular porch, and fish scale shingles are indicative of the Queen Anne style. In 1905, Dr. W H. Schwingel, a well-known surgeon, purchased the house. His wife, Rosabel, was the first director of the Copley School of Nursing.
231 S Fourth Street
Aurora, IL 60505