7. Goodwin House, 1894

Judge Russell B. Goodwin was a judge of the city courts of Aurora and Elgin and also assistant attorney general of the United States during the Roosevelt and Taft administrations. He was a native of Aurora, acquiring his education in the West High school and in Jennings seminary after which he studied law, becoming one of the leading men of his profession. The original porch on this Queen Anne style house has been removed. It still features the corner tower with conical roof, and decorative details in the gables.

Address


1205 W Downer Place
Aurora, IL 60505