Hanna Bros. store was established in the 1870s on River Street. One brother, George, had this Italianate style house built in 1886 to 1887. He soon left for California, and Robert Safford, a wholesale grocery salesman, next owned the house. The paired porch brackets under the eaves, carved limestone window lintels and the house’s beveled corner contribute to the home’s elegance.
427 W New York Street
Aurora, IL 60506