Wilder Park, 1839

In 1839, this land was donated to the Town of West Aurora by Roswell Wilder, a well-known hotel-keeper for the “town square.” Roswell and Clark Wilder were early settlers of West Aurora, arriving here from New York in 1837. West Aurora was incorporated with the Village of Aurora in 1857. Wilder also donated the land for the first west side cemetery 2 blocks north on Lake Street.

Address


Lake Street and West Park Avenue
Aurora, IL 60506