This building was originally the Block and Kuhl Store, constructed in 1928 by the Aurora Development Company. It became the home for the Carson Pirie and Scott store in 1961. After a major remodeling, the Waubonsee College Extension Center opened in 1986. Notice the architectural terra cotta cladding, prism glass transoms above the storefronts, and Chicago style windows on the second and third floor incorporating a fixed center glass with two adjacent operable windows.
(Waubonsee Community College Extension Center)
5 E Galena Boulevard
Aurora, IL 60505