Moved to its present location in 1915, this large brick home originally stood around the corner (where Brown's Florist is now located) facing Lake Street. It was built in approximately 1880 for Charles Kennedy, a successful businessman. Its rather austere red brick facade is accented by limestone lintels and hood molds above the windows. Inside an early system of central air-conditioning was installed around 1930. Water pumped from the Fox River was passed through heat exchangers in the attic that cooled the air in summer and heated it in the winter.