Dating from 1858 to 1860, the dye house is the oldest building on Stolp Island. It is located on a lower level behind the Metropolitan Business College building. The building has a coursed limestone foundation and simple arched windows that face the river. Its lack of ornamentation identifies it as an early industrial building. It is the oldest building on Stolp Island.