The Paramount Arts Centre was designed by George and C.W. Rapp in 1931. Rapp and Rapp are renowned for their opulent movie palaces including the Chicago Theater. The movie palace opened in 1931, a terra cotta and steel building with an exterior covering of face brick. The most significant portion of the exterior is the octagonal tower. It is elaborately detailed in brick and colored, glazed terra cotta and capped by an orange tile roof. The interior combines Venetian murals with Art Deco detailing.
Reopened after renovation in 1978, the Paramount is a prestigious cultural facility that serves the entire region, and offers a full season of world-class professional entertainment. Call 630-896-6666 for information the building and programming.
23 E Galena Boulevard
Aurora, IL 60505