Designed by nationally known architect George Grant Elmslie in 1926, Healy Chapel was the first mortuary building in the state designed specifically for that purpose. Elmslie worked for Louis Sullivan for nearly 20 years, and their philosophy about richness of color, texture, and ornamentation is particularly evident in this building. It is listed individually on the National Register of Historic Places.
332 W Downer Place
Aurora, IL 60506