2A. E.D. Huntoon House, Circa 1835

Built circa 1830, this former residence is believed to be the last remaining hand hew timber frame structure in the downtown. For decades the building was covered over with false fronts, masking its wood construction. The building was remodeled in 2001 to reflect its appearance as a Victorian commercial era building with an Italianate cornice and window hoods.

Address


Clara's Place
31 N Broadway
Aurora, IL 60505