Built in 1856 for prominent local pharmacist David Hurd, this house is an excellent example of the Second Empire style of architecture. Characteristic features of this style include the mansard roof and dormers. The single front porch replaced two original porches on the front of the house, one on each plane of the facade. The iron fence was added in the 1920s. The top floor of the home was devoted to a ballroom. It is a registered Local Landmark.