The original town square of the Village of Aurora, McCarty Park was platted in 1835. In 1987, as part of Aurora's Sesquicentennial Celebration, the park was restored. It originally featured a Victorian fountain and gazebo. Theodore Roosevelt spoke here in 1903 during his presidency.
Between E Park Place and W Park Place, Galena Boulevard and New York Street
Aurora, IL 60505