The Mighell house was featured in the 1913 to 1914 Craftsman magazine. It was designed by Worst and Shepardson, with Frank Packard, associate architect. Constructed of locally quarried limestone, the mortar was raked to a 2-inch depth to appear to have crumbled with age.
Above the windows are hand-hew oak timbers taken from an old barn that had stood on the premises for 75 years. The original roof was a dull red tile, heavily splotched with moss green. Faint remnants of the original landscape design by Jens Jensen are still evident, such as the limestone gate and boathouse.