Contractor License Forms
- Contractor application - dumpsters
- Contractor license application (PDF)
- Contractor registration - fire
- Contractor registration - plumbing (PDF)
- Fence and driveway contractor license application (PDF)
- Testing requirements for electrical and mechanical contractors
Contractor Testing Requirements
- Testing requirements (PDF) for electrical and mechanical municipalities for which we accept testing reciprocity
- Electrical - We accept current certifications from the International Code Council (PDF) for the categories of Standard Master Electrician (commercial); Standard Residential Electrician (residential); and Standard Journeyman Sign Electrician OR Standard Master Electrician Certification (Signage Electrical Contractor) in lieu of municipal testing.
- Mechanical - We accept current certification from the International Code Council (PDF) for the category of Master Mechanical Certification (Exam N29) in lieu of municipal testing.
StAR Contractor Program & Discounts
Contractor Registration Fees:
Starting January 1, 2011; Contractor registrations for which Aurora collects fees based upon Aurora Building Code regulations shall be $200.
- Contractors who qualify for the Aurora StAR Contractor designation will receive a 50% registration discount.
- Aurora StAR (Superior Approval Rate) Contractor: Shall be a contractor who on January 1st falls within the top 25% of inspection passing rate (AP and AE) for contractors in their trade the previous calendar year.
- Trade passing rating