The Emergency Medical Information Card was one of the first TRIAD programs. The Emergency Medical Information Card enables emergency personnel to obtain a quick medical history when the patient is unable to offer one. The card, which attaches to your refrigerator with magnets, lists the patient's name, emergency medical contacts, insurance information and social security numbers, health problems, medications, dosages, allergies, recent surgeries, doctor's name, and health care proxy.
The Emergency Medical Information Card provides a substantial preventive step that seniors can take.
Benefits to police officers
- Faster help for citizens in emergencies.
- Maximum use of officers' time.
Benefits to paramedics
- Instantly know medical history of patient.
- Corrective treatment can begin at once.
Benefits to emergency room staff
- Data is immediately available to medical staff.
- No wasted time trying to locate family doctor.
Benefits to each individual
- Peace of mind knowing they will have prompt care.
- Easy access to life-saving information.
- Assurance that proper persons will be notified quickly.
For information on how to obtain an Emergency Medical Information Card for yourself or your group, please call 630-256-5208.