Mission StatementThe mission of the City of Aurora Law Department is to provide the City of Aurora, its elected and appointed officials and city employees with highly competent legal advice and representation in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provide legal advice to elected and appointed officials and City employees.
- Represent City of Aurora elected and appointed officials and City employees in all applicable courts of law.
- Prepare ordinances and resolutions for Mayoral and City Council approval.
- Collect debts owed to the City of Aurora.
- Represent the City's interests in all bond issues and other financing initiatives and monitor City involvement in prior bond issues, other municipal financing and development agreements.
- Represent the City's interests in labor arbitration and participation in labor negotiations on an as-needed basis.
- Represent the City's interests before the Code Hearing Officer as well as in required follow-up in the circuit court.
- Represent the City's interests in seizure and impoundment hearings and follow-up in circuit court on administrative appeals. Prosecute City Code violations in Aurora Branch Court.
* Beginning Thursday, July 11, 2019, administrative hearings will move from the 2nd floor Council Chambers to the Aurora Branch Court’s small courtroom at 1200 East Indian Trail. Defendants are to use the branch court entrance located at the west end of the building.