- The Music Garden in the final phase of construction. Crews were working on the interior of the buildings, landscaping and other punch list items.
- More than 350 people were able to tour the facility during our fall preview.
- The pedestrian and bicycle ways were installed.
- The plaza sidewalk has was opened up along Broadway, and LED lights along the sound wall.
- Cedar planking installation completed along the John C. Dunham Pavilion, sound wall and guest services building.
- All site electrical work was finished, including the installation of all light poles throughout the site.
- Interior finishes were being installed and all interior painting was completed.
- Construction crews had installed 75% of the permeable pavers that wrap the eastern portion of the viewing area.
- The fall landscaping installation began and all shoreline plantings were installed.
- The Aurora City Council approved an Intergovernmental Agreement with the Aurora Civic Center Authority, which runs the Paramount Theatre, to manage the programming and operations at RiverEdge Park for 18 months starting in 2013.
- Commonwealth Edison completed the remediation of the portion of the manufactured gas plant ("MGP") which was formerly located within the park boundary.
- Construction crews installed 37,000 square feet of pavers.
- Cedar planking installation completed along on the John C. Dunham Pavilion, sound wall and guest services building.
- The first phase of the Wilder Promenade was completed and a dedication ceremony took place on July 18th.
- The signature RiverEdge Park lighting was installed with dramatic low energy LED lights on the sound wall and pavilion wings, along with decorative poles throughout the music garden.
- Cedar planking installation continued on the John C. Dunham Pavilion, sound wall and guest services building.
- Architectural precast panels were installed on the John C. Dunham Pavilion. RiverEdge Park
- Spring and Summer landscaping was complete.
- The concrete plaza sidewalk was poured and light poles were installed.
- The pavilion roof was complete including the steel and wood underdecking.
- The sound wall structure had been erected.
- Substantial completion of the Dunham Pavilion and the Guest Services Building took place including a roof top deck on top of the Guest Services Building.
- Stairs leading down to the Fox River were poured, and the park's north entrance began to take shape.
- Grading work in between the Dunham Pavilion and the lawn area was ongoing.
- The majority of the steel and masonry work on park facilities was completed.
- Wilder Promenade, the former site of the old Aurora Police Department building at 350 N River St., was set up to be home to the City's Farmers Market.
- Work on the planned bicycle path bordering the Fox River progressed.
- The welding work on the steel structure and the internal build out of the Dunham Pavilion began.
- The grading and sub-base for the bike trail was completed.
- Masonry work on the first floor of the guest services building was completed and the floor of the rooftop deck installed.
- The majority of the plumbing work for the guest services building was completed. Dunham Music Pavilion
- The underground electrical work in front of the pavilion and at the mix tower was completed.
- Motorists driving down Broadway Avenue may notice the steel structure of the Dunham Pavilion was taking shape.
- Masonry work on the guest services building started near the end of the month. Music Garden foundation work
- The old Aurora Police Department building at 350 N River St.was demolished.
- The mild winter weather allowed crews to continue working on the park without impacting the construction schedule.
- Utility work at RiverEdge Park completed.
- Concrete foundations are finished for the Dunham Pavilion stage and the Guest Services Building. The walls for these buildings were erected.
- The steel structure of the Dunham Pavilion was constructed.