The award-winning Phillips Park Golf Course in Aurora will re-open on Monday, May 4 with tee times beginning at 6:30 a.m.
Operating under modified rules outlined by the State of Illinois, all interested golfers must reserve and pre-pay online. Senior citizens and senior season pass holders can also call 630-256-3760 to have adjustments applied.
Bookings will open at Noon on Saturday, May 2 at www.phillipsparkaurora.com or www.golfnow.com.
“Our goal is to offer a safe and orderly process to provide guests access to the golf course,” said Jeff Schmidt, PGA Golf Operations Manager. “Our staff has been trained to administer the new procedures so that everyone can once again enjoy golfing at Phillips Park.”
As applied to the Phillips Park Golf Course, Governor JB Pritzker’s modified rules for golf courses and golfers include:
GOLF COURSE RESTRICTIONS:
• Online pre-paid reservations only. Golfers will check-in with the starter on duty at the first tee the day of their reservation and must provide proof of reservation payment.
• Advanced pre-paid reservations are required.
• Walk-up play is not permitted.
• Players shall be grouped in twosomes.
• 15 minutes between tee-times
• No driving range, chipping greens, or putting greens
• Three-hole short course is closed
• No golf carts may be used on course, except individuals with a physical disability or physical limitations that prevent them from walking the course may rent a cart from the golf club.
• Only privately-owned pull carts may be utilized
• Bunker rakes, ball washers and water drinking stations are not available
• Flags cannot be removed from the cup
• No food or beverage service
• Proshop and restaurant shall remain closed.
• Clubhouse restrooms are closed. Port-a-Johns are available on the course.
• Any players with any symptoms of COVID-19, should not play
• Any players from a household with someone with symptoms of COVID-19 should not play
• You cannot check in any more than 15 minutes prior to your tee time
• You must insist on social distancing on tees, greens, and throughout the round
• You must walk and carry own clubs; no caddies.
• Bring your own supply of balls, tees, ball markers, and any other equipment
• Golfers should pick up their own ball
• Golfers must handle their own scorecard
• You must put on golf shoes at vehicle
• Golfers should bring and use hand sanitizer
• No handshakes at the beginning of the round or at the 18th hole
• Absolutely no gatherings of any times, anywhere on the property
Tee times at Phillips Park Golf Course are available 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.