With a new wave of COVID-19 surging across Illinois, Governor Pritzker announced this week the entire state will be under Tier 3 Mitigations beginning Friday, November 20 - with a number of areas/industries being placed “on pause” until further notice and others still remaining open, but with additional restrictions.
- Banquet Halls & Event Spaces
- Cultural Institutions (i.e. museums, etc.)
- Casinos and Gaming
- Indoor Fitness Classes
- Indoor Group Sports
- Indoor Recreational Activities
- Offices should work remotely, if possible
- Limit gatherings in your household
STILL OPEN ( WITH RESTRICTIONS)
- Bars and Restaurants (no indoor service)
- Grocery Stores (50% capacity)
- Pharmacies (50% capacity)
- Retail Stores (25% capacity)
- Fitness Centers and Gyms (25% capacity)
- Barbers, Beauty Salons, Personal Care (25% capacity)
- Hotels (limited to registered guests only)
- Critical Infrastructure and Trades
- Manufacturing (with safety guidelines)
- Schools & Day Cares (Local decisions)
For specific details on each category and additional metrics, visit:
These mitigations will be in place (or increased) until a region experiences less than 12 percent test positivity rate for three consecutive days AND greater than 20 percent available intensive care unit (ICU) and hospital bed availability AND declining COVID hospitalizations in 7 out of the last 10 days.
Follow the latest regional metrics at https://dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics. Aurora is in Region 8 (Kane and DuPage Counties), Region 7 (Will County) and Region 2 (Kendall County).