AURORA SNOW TEAM UPDATE | JANUARY 26 | 8 A.M.
Overnight, Aurora received just under 5 inches of snow accumulation. As the snow continues to fall this morning, another two inches could accumulate throughout the day.
The full Aurora Snow Team has worked continuously since yesterday afternoon to plow the 36 snow routes, focusing on the primary streets. This morning, contractors were brought in to focus on plowing and salting residential streets. Plowing and salting will continue throughout the day.
PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH THE PROCESS. IT TAKES TIME, ESPECIALLY WITH CONTINUOUSLY FALLING SNOW.
• Be extra cautious when driving. Even plowed and salted streets can have slick spots.
• Reduce speed and put distance between yourself and other drivers
• Stay a minimum of 75 ft. behind snow plows and never attempt to pass them.
• Move your cars from City streets. The Snow Parking Ordinance prohibits parking during or after a snowfall of 2 inches or more. Failure to comply can lead to tickets.
• Do not shovel snow into the street when clearing driveways.
• Help keep fire hydrants cleared of snow so they can be accessed quickly in an emergency.
• Do not leave running vehicles unattended, whether locked or unlocked.
IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR STREET, CALL THE AURORA CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER AT 630-256-4636 BETWEEN 8 A.M. AND 5 P.M. TO SPEAK WITH A REPRESENTATIVE.