The City of Aurora is hosting its free Spring Electronics Recycling Drive-Thru on Saturday, April 16 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the downtown Aurora parking lot adjacent to the casino at 201 N. River Street.
All items are free to recycle, including televisions, but registration is required.
Due to the high demand for service:
• The event is open to the first registered 1,200 Aurora residents only. ID is required.
• All residents MUST register for a time slot at www.aurora-il.org/Electronics2022. Registration opens at 8 a.m. on Monday, April 4.
• Each vehicle is limited to two screens - either television OR computer screen - but can have an unlimited number of other electronics.
• No businesses will be allowed to drop off electronics.
• Only approved household items and electronics will be accepted.
The following electronics WILL be accepted: cables, cable boxes, cameras, cash registers, cell phones, copiers, cords, DVD players, fax machines, keyboards, laptops, printers, print cartridges, projectors, radios, satellite dishes, stereos, typewriters, VCRs and video games;
The following household items WILL be accepted: blenders, bread makers, carpet sweepers, coffee makers, clocks, curling irons, electric knives, electric toothbrushes, fans, fryers, hair cutters, hairdryers, heaters, holiday lights, irons, landline phones, metal tools, mixers, remotes, shaving equipment, toaster ovens, and vacuum cleaners (without bags).
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED
The following items WILL NOT be accepted: large appliances (refrigerators, dishwashers, stoves, washers, dryers), batteries of any type, air conditioners, ballasts, bare CRT tubes, capacitors, carbon monoxide detectors, dehumidifiers, light bulbs, liquids, microwaves, salvaged units, smoke detectors, VHS cassette tapes, wood speakers and medical equipment (any material that is considered or has come in contact with biohazard or radioactive material).