I live out of state. Do I have to attend?
Not necessarily. If you live out of state, you are required to have a local individual that handles matters for you related to the rental property. With this in mind, the ordinance does state the rental property owner or agent (manager), or the owner’s designee shall attend a CFMH seminar. An annual renewal is not needed.

Show All Answers

1. Who does the Crime Free Multi-Housing Program and the Nuisance Abatement Ordinance pertain to?
2. What is the Nuisance Abatement Ordinance?
3. Who must attend the CFMH seminar?
4. I live out of state. Do I have to attend?
5. What will I learn in the CFMH seminar?
6. Does the ordinance require me to evict a tenant for one criminal incident?
7. Doesn’t the ordinance promote discrimination or profiling?
8. How can I be held responsible for the actions of my tenants?
9. Does Crime Free Multi-Housing really work?
10. What is the national criminal background check and landlord/tenant lease addendum?