How do I serve these notices?
There are three basic methods for service of a notice on a tenant:
1. You can serve notice on any person at least 13 years of age who resides in the premises.
2. The notice can be sent by certified or registered mail with a returned receipt from the tenant.
3. If no one is in actual possession of the premises, the notice can be posted on the door.

Make sure that you do not serve the original notarized copy of the notice. This portion of the notice should be completed only after a copy has been served. The original notarized copy should be brought to court on the day of the forcible entry and detainer hearing.

Show All Answers

1. When should I consider evicting a tenant?
2. Can I evict a tenant for dealing drugs or engaging in illegal activity inside his unit?
3. Do I need an attorney?
4. Do I need to serve any notices on a tenant before I actually start court proceedings?
5. How do I serve these notices?
6. Now that I have made the decision that I need to have a tenant leave, what are the basic steps for evicting a tenant for non compliance with a lease?
7. What forms does a landlord need to have in dealing with eviction actions?
8. Which courthouse do I have to use when I want to file an eviction action?
9. How do I actually file the case once I get to the courthouse?
10. What should I bring to Court?
11. What happens after I am awarded an Order of Possession by the Judge?
12. Can I do anything to protect my right to evict a tenant, even before he moves in?