How can I obtain a city water hookup if I’m in an unincorporated area?
A connection to the City’s water supply system can be made if water main piping is in place where the property is located. The Water Production Division, 630-256-3250, can make a determination as to whether water main is readily available to the subject property location. If water main piping is available, then the subject property owner may be required to annex into the COA and pay all required water supply connection fees.

If the property owner is not to be annexed into the COA, then the owner will be required to pay the applicable connection fees and will be charged double the normal water billing rate for water used. If the property is located outside COA corporate limits, please call the Development Services Team (DST) at 630-256-3163 and schedule a meeting with city staff to determine annexation options. If property is within COA corporate limits, call the Division of Building Permits at 630-256-3130 for permit requirements.

Show All Answers

1. How can I obtain a city water hookup if I’m in an unincorporated area?
2. How may I obtain information about city water pressure?
3. I’m having problems with low flow or pressure in certain parts of my home. What should I do?
4. I have no water, low water pressure or my water has been turned off. What should I do?
5. I would like my water turned on. Whom should I contact?
6. My basement is flooded and/or my catch basin is backed up. What should I do?
7. Can I arrange for a tour of the Water Treatment Plant?
8. How do I obtain information on the city’s backflow control program?