Can I connect to the storm sewer system?

If a resident/homeowner would like to connect their sump pump discharge line or downspouts to the City’s storm sewer system, the homeowner must first contact the Engineering Division. The Engineer Division will check the City’s utility maps and visit the site to determine what would be needed to facilitate the private connection. This can include installing storm sewer from an existing storm structure into the ROW/property line or possibly installing a new storm structure. The property owner/resident will have to fill out a form committing to the private property side of the work and present a quote from their selected contractor. The contractor must be licensed and bonded to work in the City ROW.

Show All Answers

1. What are Storm Sewers, Catch Basins, and Inlets?
2. What do I do if an inlet or catch basin is clogged by debris and rainwater is not entering the storm sewer system?
3. My basement has backed up and flooded, what can I do?
4. Why is there standing water on my property after it rains?
5. What can I do to reduce the amount of standing water on my property?
6. Can I connect to the storm sewer system?
7. I believe my neighbor is causing flooding on my property. What can I do?
8. When would the City undertake a drainage project to fix a drainage issue?